sunnuntai 10. huhtikuuta 2016

sasri2016 - At Wellawaya (Ella)

I arrived to Wellawaya yesterday.

Everybody has been saying that Ella is beautiful and oh, yes it is!

This is stranger place by climate, because you have hot days but cooler nights. So it's not that hard to sleep during the night (by temperature).

I stay in Jetwing Kaduruketha hotel. This is most expensive hotel in my trip, but it currently has 61% seasonal sale, so I took it.

This is a chalets kind of hotel. These are like better versions of bungalows.

Last night was a bit too much of a jungle for me. I needed to change chalet, because roof was leaking to the floor (gladly not to bed). So staff moved my stuff to another room and now this hasn't been used for a little time, because spiders were living by the toilet seat, bugs running around and so many beings at ceiling of the building. I have an araknophobia, so it's really not that great, to see too many spiders.
    When I started to get to bed, I saw a praying mantis in the space, between ceiling and wall (where they have no protecting net, to stop insects, bugs or critters to crawl into the room). It was exciting to see such a creature, going to hunting position in your own room, but at the same time, it's too big crawling thing, to have in your room. I don't remember what they eat, but I hope they eat spiders.
   There were some nice gekkos in both of these rooms (more in the original, leaking room), which I really love. Also some really small ants invaded a small place of the floor and they cleaned one bug's carcass so effectively, that it's hard to imagine anything like that.
There were so many noises here, that it was hard to get to sleep. Crickets, toads and all kind of creatures making the sounds of jungle together.
It's very clear that you can't sleep without mosquito net in here. And net needs to be on all the time.

This morning was really nice, when I got up. Went to balcony and a cow is feeding there and it's buddy egrets was there with it (once was standing on the cow's back). A lot of green parrots flying around. Saw some beautiful and big butterflys passing by. Peackocks also showed them finally; I heard them all night yesterday, but couldn't see them.
I also saw a some kind of long tailed "weasel" to go in the trees. It wasn't like a monkey, but it moved like one. It had a long and furry tail. Got some - not so good - pictures of this thing.

Now I go to shower and then I go to breakfast.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti