lauantai 9. huhtikuuta 2016

sasri2016 - Travelling from Mirissa to Tissamaharama (from Matara by bus)

This was interesting travel. This wasn't that awful, as the train drive from Colombo to Weligama, but I wouldn't call it easy either.

First I reserved a tuk-tuk from The Riverside Cabanas (my hotel) to take me to Matara, where the bigger bus station exists. Then he helped me to get to the correct bus (that wouldn't have been any easy, specially with this heavy luggage).

Bus was much better from the inside, than from outside.
They don't have airconditioning, but they do have a good boom system! ;)
Video running some Sri Lankan music festival videos and music coming from loudspeakers - that wasn't actually as bad you might think.

But... in some point roads do get rough and driver is going fast. So then you might even get sick. I don't (like ever) get sick for driving, but this was a good test for that. It doesn't make it any easier, that you don't get any pauses in 2,5 hour trip (which seemed more like 3 or 4 hour trip in my watch). I got a need to take a leak after an hour of travelling in the bus, so it's really not comfortable to be on those roads, in a bus that you can't stop without leaving and there's no toilet. I don't know if AC buses do have toilets, but they don't go in this part of the country.

Bus did have a small compartment at the back of bus, so I could get my big rock sack to the back of the bus. That made many things easy, though I was quite a worried about it when leaving Tissamaharama station.

There are several sales people in some stations of the bus, but they don't stay in the bus during the trip.

Seats are small and therefore I bought two seats (well, one seat from Matara to Tissamaharama costed 137 rupies, so it's somthing like 0,90 euros and I travelled that long and therefore made sure to have the space for my other (smaller) bag besides me on the seat (even smaller bag didn't fit to upper shelves.

Always remember to give your seat to clergy, if you are sitting in the front of the bus.

Bus classes:
- AC bus
- Long haul bus (this I was travelling with)
- local bus (don't go there with all your luggage... or at least I didn't try that one)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti