lauantai 2. huhtikuuta 2016

sasri2016 - Travelling into Sri Lanka from Helsinki (well actually from Lieto)


Trip did begun 18 hours ago (30.3.2016 22:50 in Finland). Time in Finland is now 16:53 (31.3.2016) when I started writing this in Airberlin plane. I have no idea what time it is here, where we are flying now. This second flight – from Berlin to Abu Dhabi – will take about an hour still before the landing, so ten hours of this flight and 3 hours at Berlin (weird terminal B) and 5 hours of travelling and waiting in Finland has been completed so far.
When I saw the flight map from this plane's nice touch screen (that are in front of all seats – points to Airberlin for that), I understood how much wrong direction the first flight to Berlin did go. Actually the flight from Helsinki to Phuket takes like 10 hours to Hadabad in India and now we not nearly as far as that would be and I have been longer time in air.
Feelings for the start of the trip? Well now they are quite good. I haven't eaten too much, but still okay (well I should have eaten bigger lunch than what they offer in these flights and I am already late in dinner), but I estimated that I have slept like 6 hours on this flight. Well, I didn't sleep at all last night, so tiredness will catch you in some point and this was a good flight to have it. Everybody knows, that flights are not good places to sleep, but longer flights are better than airport floors or busses (tried those both when I went to Helsinki airport). I was in a quite bad shape when first flight started to land, body didn't like the non-sleeping theme and carrying the heavy luggage at Finland and my belly also started to get messy. Those got fixed at Berlin airport, even though the breakfast was totally overpriced in that cafe (eg. quite small class of juice was 3,50 €).
I am glad that I had heard from my collague, that Berlin airport is strange. Otherwise I would have seriously suspected my own navigation. You need to go with bus from plane to terminal where plane has landed (yes, that's normal), but then you need to exit the building and transfer to terminal B, which is a different building and you just walk out of the terminal C. Distance is not that long, but it's strange that there is no indoors walkway between those terminals. Then I also needed to go to passport control and another security check-in at Terminal B. After I got to those gates (B20 and B21), I didn't see any toilets in that small waiting area. Someone really didn't think this through! But well, I still got to say, that I appreciated the one hour free WiFi connection at airport. And for once, the WiFi's main page was useful, it had the same listing as boarding screens show on wall. So it was possible to check those boarding times and flight statuses from your browser, while connected to that free network. Good idea! Hope this would be taken to use in all airports.

So next there will be landing to Abu Dhabi's airport (heard that it would be world's biggest?). Then there's going to be change to next flight, from Abu Dhabi to Colombo, Sri Lanka. It should take about two hours to change to connecting flight and I have planned to run to some burger or other food stop for quick meal. If everything goes by the book, I should be landing to Colombo's airport (which is closer to Negombo beach than Colombo) something like 03:35. Then it takes about an hour to get to The Ocean Colombo -hotel from airport. When I arrive to hotel, I have travelled about 28 hours - I'll likely be quite done in that point.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti