torstai 21. huhtikuuta 2016

sasri2016 - Travelling from Trincomalee to Colombo

Yesterday I got really badly sunburnt.
I was meant to go to Colombo by train. My flight is this night / tomorrow morning at 04:35.
I didn't know that train schedules are quite bad, for this kind of a trip. If my flight would have been during later morning, it would have been a great choice to go by night train. And quite same for AC busses.  I heard that AC busses go only during night, from Trinco to Colombo. Other busses go once in an hour, during the daytime.
But I wasn't in best condition to travel without AC, as my skinburns were quite bad and they also made me dry. 9 hours in long haul bus didn't sound exactly what Is needed. So I called my earlier tuk-tuk driver (Ragi Kones), who took me to the Koneswaram Hindu temple yesterday morning and started negotiations about price of a car and an air conditioned car. First I asked from hotel, what their price would be, to know the maximum and to have somekind of understanding. Well hotel's offer was crazy 21000 rupies. I got this arranged by 11500 rupies. It's an older van and there are no regulations to demand for back seat safety belts (same as in India), so going is kinda relaxed now, having this back seat all by myself and stretching legs.
Driver is okay, but doesn't much know English, so we don't talk much here. We stopped for a lunch and place charged for my driver's lunch also. Though I think that drivers should eat free in those places. It costed me 4 euros extra and I am about to leave this place, so I don't really care to make a scene in this point.
I have written about driving in my earlier travelling stories, so this time I decided not to write about it... but I have a little itch to do it.

Anyways, now we have been riding for a bit more than 6 hours. So it might not take that long anymore, until we reach Colombo. I will be staying in the hotel only for a short time, but I need to try to sleep before I go to the long flights back home. Coming here was so awful and long, so I hope it goes better this way. And I actually paid only 15 euros for my hotel stay, so it wasn't too bad, even for a short stop.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti