keskiviikko 6. huhtikuuta 2016

sasri2016 - Food in Sri Lanka


So far (until Monday 4.4.2016 night) I have eaten following foods:
  • Breakfast with some western and Sri Lankan foods (The Ocean Colombo hotel)
  • Rice and Curry with chicken (Food court in Majestic City, “Suna Dewli” restaurant at Mirissa Beach, I & I restaurant in Mirissa)
  • Kofta (Sugar Bistro, Colombo)
  • Chicken enchilada with some french fries (Food court (ThaiExpress) in Majestic City)
  • Calamari Roti (“Amarasinghe” restaurant at Mirissa)
  • Grilled Fish (“Amarasinghe” restaurant at Mirissa)
  • Cheese Kottu with chicken (Pilawoos street restaurant in Colombo Galle road, “Amarasinghe” restaurant at Mirissa)

Cheese Kottu from Pilawoos at Colombo and Kofta at Sugar Bistro have been kind of highlights of food so far.
Though they are totally different style as Sugar is fine-dining place at poshier part of Colombo and Pilawoos is a roti place/street restaurant at lower part of Colombo. Kottu was very big and filling, while Kofta was quite small. It was still enough to make the hunger go away and it had SO amazing taste!

Yesterday (Tuesday 5.4.2016) I had an awesome vegetable rice & curry at Amarasinghe restaurant, just besides my hotel Riverside Cabanas. There is one hotel, ExtremeHost -hotel between Amarasinghe and Riverside Cabanas. This is also a good addition for Riverside Cabanas, to have such a good restaurant nearby. By the way, I noticed food menus here on the hotel's pillar at the lobby. I asked from concierge about the menus and he said that because it's now already an off season, no need to make food. All people just go out to nearby restaurants.
I also ate fried rice with seafood for lunch yesterday, at I & I restaurant. It costed something like 460 LKR (about 3 euros) with small sprite making 70 LKR from that price. It was okay and nice to have a lunch, that wasn't so spice, for a change.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti